Welcome!

We at Counseling & Enrichment are delighted to bring to you a combination of professional articles as well as personal experience in blog form. We look forward to getting to know eacy of you!


Monday, January 9, 2012

The New Year outlook

Major post Christmas implosion here but recovering! I went with our daughter to visit my mother over New Years. Our youngest stayed home with dad as he is now working part time. I returned to a boy enraged. It was a tough week. It took a few days before he finally was calm enough to talk. We went right back to:

"I am not going to leave you."
"I love you so much and always will."
"I miss you when I'm gone and am happy to see you again."
"The little guy inside that was abandoned is telling you it is happening again. Use the `16 year old thinking to tell him he is safe."

And now he is back. If your child has had great healing and has a regression go back to what worked. It will work again and it will pass.

5 comments:

Have a comment or question?